Concession permits offered by DCR – Request for Proposals

Learn how to find DCR permit opportunities.


Concession permits are generally offered by DCR through an RFP (Request for Proposal) process and listed on the COMMBUYS site. To apply for a permit through COMMBUYS, you should:

  • Download the RFP on the COMMBUYS site
    or obtain a paper copy (a fee may be charged per page) by sending an e-mail with a specific request, calling, or stopping by the Long Term Permits and Leases Office in Boston.  
  • Respond to the RFP.  You should review the RFP document carefully and respond by the time and at that place required.  Required items must be submitted for review. Keep in mind that there may be competition for certain locations.

If you want to join an e-mail list to receive notices of DCR concession opportunities, send an e-mail giving us full contact information and requesting inclusion on our mailing list to: DCR.PERMITS@STATE.MA.US.  The mailing list is not user specific, so you may get notice of permit opportunities that you're not interested in.

Additional Resources for

Opportunities Frequently Offered via RFPs

Some concession opportunities include:

  • Mobile Food Concessions – Multiple locations (carts, food trucks)
  • Fixed Food Concessions – Multiple locations
  • Campground Store Concessions – Multiple locations
  • Agricultural Operation Permits – Multiple Locations
  • Non-motorized Boating Concessions – Multiple Locations

Help Us Improve with your feedback