October 2020 Public Comments on LTC Moratorium Memo
DoN Applications Filed During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
On March 24, the Department of Public Health issued an emergency order exempting from determination of need approval certain activities that are necessary to address COVID-19. The updated guidance from Nov. 24 may be viewed here: Requesting Determination of Need (DoN) Approval for projects related to COVID-19 during the State of Emergency.
The DoN program issued updated guidance on October 8 indicating that staff resumed their review of applications filed on or after March 10, 2020 in the order in which they were received to determine if applications are substantially complete. This update replaces previous guidance issued on April 6 indicating no DoN dates would be assigned during the state of emergency for any application filed on or after March 10, 2020.
Exception of Certain Activities for DoN Approval Necessary to Address COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Department of Public Health has issued an order and memorandum exempting certain activities from determination of need approval that are necessary to address COVID-19. The order and memorandum can be found using the following link: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-state-of-emergency.
- DoN Consolidation Guideline Final | (DOC)
- Consolidation Webinar slides
- FAQ-Coming Soon
- May 2019: Lifting Long-Term Care Moratorium (Draft) | (DOC)
- Community Engagement | (DOC)
- Community Health Initiative Planning | (DOC)
- Expenditure Minimums for Applying for a DoN 2020-2021 | (DOC)
- DoN Guideline Recission Letter | (DOC)
- DoN Long Term Care Moratorium | (DOC)
- Equipment and Services* | (DOC)
*On September 13, 2017, the Public Health Council (PHC) voted to delegate review and approval of all MRI, CT, and PET DoN Applications to the Commissioner.
- Filing Fee Guideline | (DOC)
- Health Priority | (DOC)
- Ten Taxpayer Groups | (DOC)