You are eligible to apply for the ECE scholarship if you meet all of the requirements. You need to:
- Be a permanent resident of Massachusetts.
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Continue working in a paid position for at least 25 hours a week at an program that is licensed or authorized by EEC while earning your degree.
- Register with EEC’S Professional Qualifications Registry (PQR) and have an active PQR number.
- Be accepted and enroll in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program for early education and care or fields that name early child development as its specific focus at an eligible Massachusetts institution of higher education.
- Agree to continue working in the field of early education and care or out of school time for a minimum of 6 months for every semester of scholarship funding you receive.
To be considered for priority status for the scholarship, you need to:
- Currently work in a paid position for at least 25 hours a week.
- Currently work in a paid position for at least 25 hours a week at a program that is licensed or authorized by EEC for at least 1 year as of the priority deadline.