Court, rules, and fees
Google Scholar: Federal Cases
Dates of coverage are a bit unclear, but it appears that you can search these cases:
- All Supreme Court cases
- Federal Appeals Court cases beginning with v.1 F.2d (1924)
- Federal District Court cases beginning with v.1 F.Supp. (1932)
- Bankruptcy Court cases beginning with v. 1 of Bankruptcy Reporter (1979)
The most recent months are not included.
- Bankruptcy, Nolo. Includes tons of information, including bankruptcy basics, deciding to file, types of bankruptcy, the filing process and procedures, and much more.
- Bankruptcy Basics, Videos from the Federal Judiciary
9 videos, about 5 minutes each. "These videos will give you basic information about the process, the relief it offers, and how to find the legal help you may need."
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Keep Your Property and Repay Debts Over Time, Nolo, 2018.
Includes information on filing, drafting a plan, filling out the forms, life after bankruptcy and more. Requires library card for access.
- Collecting Debts Owed by a Bankrupt Customer, Findlaw.
"All bankruptcies play out differently, but the steps a business needs to take to collect a debt from a bankrupt customer are usually surprisingly routine."
- Federal Bankruptcy Exemptions, The Bankruptcy Site.com
Convenient list of federal exemptions with references to 11 USC 522
- A Guide for the Self-Represented Debtor in a Bankruptcy Case, US Bankruptcy Court, District of Mass., June, 2014.
This 80-page manual is designed for someone filing for bankruptcy without an attorney. Includes detailed descriptions of the process, records necessary, forms to file, fees, and more.
- How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Nolo, 2017
Includes step by step instruction and all the forms needed to file for chapter 7 bankruptcy. Requires library card for access.
- Bankruptcy Basics: A step-by-step guide for pro bono attorneys, general practitioners, and legal services offices, by John Rao and Tara Twomey, NCLC, 2013.
- Bankruptcy Practice in Massachusetts, MCLE, loose-leaf.
- Collier on Bankruptcy, 16th ed., Matthew Bender, loose-leaf. A 22-volume set covering all aspects of bankruptcy, including the Bankruptcy Code, rules, forms, etc.
- Consumer Bankruptcy Law and Practice by Henry J. Sommer, NCLC, 2012, with supplements
- A practical guide to consumer bankruptcy, MCLE, 2018
- Strategies for Creditors in Bankruptcy Proceedings, 5th ed., by Lynn M. LoPucki, Aspen, 2013 supplement
|Last updated:||August 23, 2018|