Dashboards on Opioid Statistics and Overdose
- Prescription Monitoring Program: This dashboard shares selected data from the Prescription Monitoring Program collected from pharmacies in Massachusetts. It includes these categories of controlled substances prescription medications: Opioid Agonists, Benzodiazepines, Stimulants, Opioid Partial Agonists.
- Opioid-Related EMS Incidents: This dashboard provides a granular look at opioid-related incidents reported by EMS. This dashboard documents all opioid-related emergency medical service events in Massachusetts, defined as 911 calls in which opioids are involved; not all events are clinical overdoses and not all are nonfatal.
- Drug Checking Data: This dashboard shows data on the presence of different substances found in drug samples tested by Brandeis University’s Massachusetts Drug Supply Data Stream, including both Xylazine and Fentanyl.
- Bureau of Substance Addiction Services Treatment Data: This dashboard reports on people who received services for substance use disorders. Information on these pages represent data reported to BSAS by service providers that have a contract with BSAS. Data available include demographics of individuals served, services provided, and the primary substances for which services were targeted.
Other Data Related to Overdose
- Stimulant-Related Data among Massachusetts Residents: This report focuses on the increase in use of healthcare services, overdoses, and deaths involving stimulants. This report provides a baseline picture of stimulant-related overdoses based on data from three sources: death certificates, Emergency Medical Services, and Emergency Departments.
- Touchpoints – Opportunities to predict and prevent opioid overdose: This study finds eight candidate touchpoints that were associated with increased risk of fatal opioid overdose. A “touchpoint” is an opportunity to identify individuals at high-risk of opioid overdose death in order to deliver harm-reduction services to them and engage them in evidence-based treatment.
- Stimulants, health disparities, and the impact of the opioid epidemic on maternal health and high-risk populations: This data brief focuses on health disparities and the impact of the opioid epidemic on maternal health and high-risk populations. These analyses were conducted by academic researchers and public policy analysts in collaboration with DPH.