|Issuer:||Edward J. King|
|Mass Register:||No. 174|
Table of Contents
WHEREAS, the Governor's Commission to Simplify Rules and Regulations was established by Executive Order No. 155; and
WHEREAS, said Commission has recommended certain interim actions to be taken while said Commission continues its review of the state's rules and regulations concerning economic development;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Edward J. King, Governor of the Commonwealth, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the statutes of this Commonwealth, do hereby order and direct:
- That there be established within the Governor's Development Office an Office of Development Permit Assistance which will be available to aid major development projects in the Commonwealth with the permit and licensing process. This office is not intended to supersede normal agency process, but will provide information and coordination for the agencies and the developers to ensure a timely process. This is a step to achieve expeditious state action and avoid delay while the Commission's study of the regulatory process continues.
- That within each Secretariat, the Secretary designate one person to serve as a coordinator within that Secretariat in order to ensure responsive action to normal permit requests. The name of that person should be forwarded to Michael T. Daley, Director, Governor's Development Office, One Ashburton Place, Boston, MA 02108 by September 15, 1979.
- That before submitting an application for federal funds or programs, the state agency so applying shall, upon the request of the Office of Development Permit Assistance, disclose in writing to said Office the nature and details of any regulatory obligations which the state would take on by accepting such funds or participating in such programs. Any state agency so applying for federal funds shall indicate on its "Notice of Intent" form filed with the State Clearinghouse (pursuant to OMB Circular A-95) whether or not the proposed project or program for which federal funds are being sought will have impact on the regulation of development in the Commonwealth.
- That at least thirty(30) days before any state agency action to adopt, repeal, or amend its regulations pursuant to G.L. chapter 30A, Sections 2 and 3, said agency shall submit a copy of such proposed action to the appropriate cabinet secretary and to the Office of Development Permit Assistance (Attention: Michael T. Daley). This provision applies only to those agencies involved in economic development/physical construction projects and in the permitting process for such projects (any questions as to application of this provision are to be referred to the Office of Development Permit Assistance).
- That as a part of any agency action pursuant to G.L. Chapter 30A, Sections 2 and 3, proposed regulations for adoption, amendment, or repeal shall contain explanatory comments clearly detailing the scope and intent of such agency action. This explanation shall also include a designation of local, federal, and other state rules and regulations concerning the same subject or area and shall briefly explain how the proposed action interacts with these other rules and regulations. Such explanatory comments will be part of the record in this agency action and will provide a guide for subsequent administrative action conducted according to those regulations.
Given at the Executive Chamber in Boston this 28th day of August, in the year of Our Lord one thousand nine hundred and seventy-nine and of the Independence of the United States of America two hundred and four.
EDWARD J. KING
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
MICHAEL JOSEPH CONNOLLY
Secretary of the Commonwealth