|Issuer:||Michael S. Dukakis|
|Mass Register:||No. 84|
|Amended by:||Executive Order 207|
|Revoked by:||Executive Order 247|
|Revoked by:||Executive Order 250|
Table of Contents
WHEREAS, there is a need to develop a comprehensive system to provide occupational information to planners, researchers and administrators of the Commonwealth; and
WHEREAS, employment and training information must be provided to administrators of the Commonwealth in order to evaluate, plan, and allocate resources for educational, employment, and training programs; and
WHEREAS, there is a need to coordinate the development of this information to avoid duplication of effort and to fully utilize available information and coordinate resources; and
WHEREAS, Public Law 94-482, amending the Vocational Education Act of 1963, provides for and requires that a State Occupational Information Coordinating Committee perform these important responsibilities with funds available to it from the National Occupational In- formation Coordinating Committee; and
WHEREAS, the enactment by the United States Congress of said Public Law 94-482, provides for and requires the establishment by the Commonwealth of a State Occupational Information Coordinating Committee composed of representatives of Massachusetts Board of Education, the Massachusetts Division of Employment Security, the State Manpower Services Council, and the agencies administering the Vocational Rehabilitation Programs:
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Michael S. Dukakis, Governor of the Common- wealth, by virtue of the authority vested in me as supreme executive magistrate, do hereby order as follows:
1. The Massachusetts Occupational Information Coordinating Committee, hereinafter referred to as the Committee, is hereby established and the Committee is designated as the State agency to perform the functions and fulfill the responsibilities of the State Occupational Information Coordinating Committee, which Committee is denominated and which functions and responsibilities are set out in Title II of Public Law 94-482.
2. The Committee shall be composed of:
a) The Associate Commissioner of Education for Occupational Education, representing the Massachusetts Board of Education;
b) The Chairman of the State Manpower Services Council, or his designee, representing the State Manpower Services Council;
c) The Director of the Division of Employment Security, representing the Division of Employment Security;
d) The Commissioner of Rehabilitation or the Commissioner of the Blind, as they may agree, representing the agencies administering the Vocational Rehabilitation Program.
3. For the purpose of administration the Committee shall be considered a State agency in but not under the Executive Office of Manpower Affairs.
4. The Committee shall provide for such advisory or associate members as the members of the Committee shall deem appropriate.
5. The Committee shall develop and implement an occupational information system in the Commonwealth which will meet the common needs for information for the planning for and the operation of programs of the Massachusetts Board of Education assisted under the Vocational Education Act of 1963 as amended and of the administering agencies under the Comprehensive Employment and Training Act of 1973.
6. The Committee will serve the purposes of applicable provisions of Public Law 94-482 and any successor legislation, consistent with the requirements of state law.
7. The Committee may employ an Executive Director and such other staff as it may require to perform its functions. The Executive Director and the staff employed by the Committee shall be appointed by the Secretary of Manpower Affairs upon the approval of the Governor and of the Committee.
8. The time and place of meetings of the Committee shall be as provided for by the rules of the Committee.
Given at the Executive Chamber in Boston this 15th day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and seventy-seven and of the Independence of the United States of America, two hundred and second.
MICHAEL S. DUKAKIS
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Secretary of the Commonwealth